Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!
Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
205 XS 1.4
By Lan, 04/10/2013
- 3,586 views
- Country United Kingdom
- Color Graphite Grey
- Year 1990
- Short Description had it since April 2009, bit of a shed with tatty paintwork plenty of dings and laquer peel... but its my shed
- Car Type / Usage Road car
Engine & Gearbox
Standard 1360 TU3S with Pipercross Air filter. group N engine mounts, poly rear mount and group A fork bush.
Miles gear rods, box rebuilt with 14mm pin planet gear set from 106
- Suspension & Steering GTI front subframe, no front arb, Gaz coilovers 9" 225lb springs group N top mount rubbers, 1.9 GTI rear beam with standard base model drums mounted with Group A solid mounts, Gaz rear shocks
- Brakes 1.6 GTI front calipers, 1.9 discs rest is standard
- Wheels & Tyres 106 S1 Rallye wheels 14x5.5j, 185/60R14 Falken 912's
- Bodywork & Exterior removed side rub strips, bonnet pins, reflective rear boot panel, sunroof removed, single wiper, no rear wiper, no aerial, no spare, central locking removed (was knackered anyway) and anything that fell off removed
- Interior & ICE not much of it left front and rear seats and door cards and 2/3rds of the dash, omp superturismo wheel with lifeline quick release, stack electric oil temp, oil pressure and voltage gauges, no stereo, omp pedals, asthmatic standard heater blower
Comments & Plans
replace those rear windows with weatherproof ones so I can have a carpet, find a few more areas to shave vital weight with a basic carpet installed, full engine rebuild on the cards soon also did the top end back in 2009 as the stem seals had gone.
current weight 620kg (measured on calibrated mot brake rollers)