Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!
Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
205 GTI 1.6
By fog1 (one), 02/26/2013
- 2,429 views
- Country Lithuania
- Color Red
- Year 1985
The car when i bought it was in poor state. I started restoration project. Did a complete engine rebuild, respray, new suspension, brake lines and hoses, and many other jobs.
Just passed the MOT with no problems.
- Car Type / Usage Road car
- Engine & Gearbox Standard 1,6 XU5J with big valve head, lightened flywheel.
- Suspension & Steering Front lowered springs 40 mm, with new front and rear gas dampers. Rebuilded rear beam
- Brakes Standard, all lines are completely new and all brake calipers are rebuild with new seals.
- Wheels & Tyres Standard, 1,9 GTI 15 "Speedlines
- Bodywork & Exterior Standard, no modifications. Resprayed it in VW tornado red color (LY3D)
Interior & ICE
Fitted the new type dash, recaro type seats from FK automotive.
I`m searching for standard ones, but they are hard to find here in Latvia. I bought the car with no seats, these are fitted so i have something to sit on.
- Comments & Plans Fix all the small things i still need to do to get the car in mint condition.