• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Andy F

Hi people

Can people with experience of the XU block take a look at a couple of pics of my block.

The block seems very pitted guess its where its been attacked by the anti freeze. I guess its nothing to worry about?? Also everything in the block seems very heavily stained by the oil. I wondered if someone could tell me the best way to clean it up as have tried degreaser with parafin and doesnt seem to shift unless i use the wire brush on it.

Thanks for the help

17112008336.jpg

09112008328.jpg

jimistdt

There is a few suggestions in here Andy

Petrol/Diesel/Wheel Cleaner seems to be the way forward!

jackherer
The block seems very pitted guess its where its been attacked by the anti freeze.

More like the lack of anti freeze, its a corrosion inhibitor too.

Miles

As above, The deck of the block by the W/P area looks pretty bad so worth checking as if the seals not right water can leak past

Cameron

Make sure you clean the rust and crap out of the liner seal surfaces before you put it back together.

I cleaned mine with lots of hot water and Jizer.

Andy F

i was going to give it a test with the liners etc in to check water doesnt pass as the rusty crap was pretty much what was holding the old ones in.

would you think it worth putting the effort into this block or look for another one as there's a few about??

Thanks

Guest looney205dudey

the best thing to clean the block out is some alloy wheel acid but make sure you have a hose handy to wash it out again. and with like a toothbrush or something a lil bigger just give it a scrub round and that should clear it all out for you :rolleyes:

i did it on a 468 big block chevy block and it did the trick :)

Sign in to follow this