• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
watford1gti

Brake System Removal

watford1gti

right, ive been doing some body work on the engine bay of my motor, eventually i want to get it sprayed but im trying to strip everything out at the minute, im stuck on the master cylinder and servo,

the main question is does the dash need to come out??

the next question is how does it come out??

cheers

Tom Fenton

You don't need the entire dash out, remove the panel to the right of the steering column (couple of screws) and then you will be able to see 6 or so 11mm hex nuts to remove, then the pedal box will push through towards the engine bay.

watford1gti
You don't need the entire dash out, remove the panel to the right of the steering column (couple of screws) and then you will be able to see 6 or so 11mm hex nuts to remove, then the pedal box will push through towards the engine bay.

tom fenton you say hex nuts, i had a quick look yesturday in the light, it looked like a plastic stud coming through from the engine bay and a one way sort of metal clip inside the car??

ill have to have a look in the light tomorrow i think

cheers

Tom Fenton

The metal clips hold on a piece of sound deadening, prise off the clips and pull away the sound deadening pad, then you will see the nuts.

Rom

I wasnt paying attention..and i undid the nuts on the outer row, rather than the inner row under the sound deadening.

This removes the servo mounting aswell :D Which i then put back on lol.

watford1gti

right its been a while, ive been busy playing with my new welder haha

any way ive managed to get the servo and cylinder off the bulkhead, now im just wondering if i upgrade the front brakes what would i need to upgrade this end ie servo and/or cylinder?

cheers matty

Paul_13

Get a 406MC if your getting GTI-6 or 307 brakes, theres an article about it on the main site about brake upgrades