• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_Power_Dave

Tyre Choice

Pug_Power_Dave

Ok, I have 2 goodyear eagle f1's on the front of my mi16 pug at the moment, and went to order 2more to replace the back, only to find they arent made anymore, so I got some yoko parada's spec 2's instead.

The eagle f1's are about 1000miles old if that, and the yoko's are brand new,

Which would you guys recomend running on the front and which on the back of the car?

Any advise appreciated!

Cheers

Dave

welshpug

you can still get Goodyear tyres!

Pug_Power_Dave

orderd them online throught black circles, as they do them for a good price (well did my last set) so mabe it was the size i wanted? 195 50 15s?

Rom

There around, as thats what im probably going to go for .

Id probably stick the Goodyears on the front. Its not like one sets all slip never grips.

Pug_Power_Dave

Hmm mabe the guy on the phone just didnt have them in stock and didnt want to loose the sale! ah well, like you say they're both pretty good tyres, just wondering which would be the best way to have them in the current condidtions, as arent paradas not quiet so good in the wet?

I was leaning towards f1's on the front and yokos on the back, so cheers for the input :D

Dave

Rob Thomson

Stick the new tyres on the front until they've bedded in and the manufacturer's release compound has worn away. I once did a 360 spin on a motorway sliproad due to new tyres on the back of my old 309, they can be lethal at this time of year.