• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Death_Machine

Leak From Under Dash To Footwell

Death_Machine

a lil while ago i notice i had a leak in both footwells, so i changed the heater matrix 1 solved. the other is on the passenger side at first i thought it was the window screen as when i had the dash out in heavy rain i saw it runnin down inside of the bulk head and the speaker wire holes in the doors. i then found out that the water runaway in the passenger side wing under sunroof vacume bottle was blocked so i tryed to take stuff out and i did but i cant get down there, i tryed air and a hanger but no joy can this run into the car from over flowing once blocked.

also sound like there water under the floor but im not sure if it the petrol tank its driving me crazy i was thinking re shelling as it eating me from inside out but ill wait till it fails an mot and do it then if it comes to then could i maybe spray expanding foam down the hole??

Gentrix

Hi,

first of all - never use foam anywhere on the car - it will trapp the moisture and is a gurarantee for rust. (not speaking of the containing acid involved in the expanding process)

Find the plugs on the ends of the sills and let the water out while jacking it up.

For the water entry under the dash - check if you have slid the scuttelpanel back under the windscreen rubber, otherwise you will get wet feet.

:P

Andi

Death_Machine

no worries on the foam wasnt sure about that anyway, is it the front arch the plugs are i was wondering what was in them , also it not that cos i did have to take that off and make a cover to save the water goin doin down on top of fan which it was hence it screams now when u turn it on ha ha nice one ill try that tomo as gear box is broke and doin it no favours sittin there.

Jrod

I found foam in my capri rear valance, its going rusty inside, need to get it all out. :)

Rom

You can buy stuff that melts it i think ?

I think some moulds are made from foam, for fuel tanks etc. Then carbon is wrapped over, when set they pour something in that dissolves foam. Not sure what kinds it works on though.

Death_Machine

i wouldnt mind if it was a dented panel that u can fix or something wrong with the engine but when its some that eating you car inside out and you cant find it. its a bit worrying really. i might have to resort to renting a garage as my mate got fed up find holes he just doesnt drive it in the rain but what fun is that i love it when its rainin getting this lift off oversteer sussed till i hit something lol