• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kartman205

4 Wheel Alignment

Kartman205

Hi everyone, If the moderators will permit this post, may I offer my services to the members.

I have 4 wheel alignment equipment and will be more than happy to help anyone setting their cars geometry up.

jimistdt

How much might this service cost? I keep meaning to get mine set up.

Kartman205
How much might this service cost? I keep meaning to get mine set up.

PM me and we will discuss your needs.

Rgds Paul

Baz

Mobile service, excellent! You can come and do mine. :D

Kartman205
Mobile service, excellent! You can come and do mine. :o

Cheaper if you come to me tho Baz :D

macamizer

how much you charging

westy

4 wheel alignment....on 205's? :/

Baz
Cheaper if you come to me tho Baz :huh:

:) Not really!

Hardly use to me i'm afraid!

Kartman205
how much you charging

It all depends on what we find, but basically a full alignment check and a track adjustment would be £30.

There is little adjustment to be done, ie track and camber if top mounts are fitted, but at least you will find out if the car geometry is square, ie not crabbing.

PM me for a contact no.

Kartman205
4 wheel alignment....on 205's? :/

And why not? wouldn`t you like to know if all 4 wheels are pointing forward? wondering why the steering wheel is out of line, or the car pulling to one side when driving, even though the track is set correctly? (because the rear beam is out of line :) )

Some guys are complaining that their car handles weird and can`t figure out why, a simple alignment check may reveal all.

I don`t expect everyone to come beating a path to my door from all corners of the country, they can get it done local to them selves, but if anyone in my area wants theirs checking, get in touch.

boombang

There is probably enough adjustment in rear beam positioning to completely screw it all up tbh.

Maxi's post recently highlighting just how offset his beam was springs to mind. In most cases, and considering the 205 build quality, who is to know if it's the wheels or body that's out of line.

Yes there isn't anything to adjust on the rear as such, but might be able to tweak the wheels so they are straight in referance to each others positions by slackening mounts and moving the minor adjustment with large rubber hammer.