• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
midnight motorsport

Xu10j4-xu10j4rs 4-2-1 Ex Manifold

midnight motorsport

iv had a good look through all the posts, but cant seem to find anything about the mods to fit a (miles) 4-2-1 manifold onto a gti6 head?

iv found loads on fitting gti6 mani's to mi heads, but nothing on the other way round?

please forgive me if im wrong, and it has been covered?

i know there is a slight mismatch in ports on the mi head to 6 manifold conversion, so i guess the 4-2-1 onto the gti6 head is going to be the reverse,

i just want to know if anyone has done this, and how much modding is needed to the exhaust flange?

i know the height is a problem on the normal iron block mi16, but ive got a ally block, that is going to have the gti6 head on it so this wont be a problem,

again, sorry if this has been answered already,

cheers

jay

welshpug

sounds like you're making a gti6 headed 1.9?

markd6303

hi, it can be done. all you have to do is cut off the flange for the mi16 head and replace it by welding on a gti6 flange instead.

The only problem is the ports on the two heads are a bit different, so all i did was reshape the four header pipes to suit the gti6 flange.

just make sure you weld on the gti6 flange at the right angle.

midnight motorsport
sounds like you're making a gti6 headed 1.9?

bang on the money welshpug!! :-) after having very dis-pleasing results from my current set up, mi16, st -3 guess flowed head :-) cams, tb, etc.... and still not good, :-(

ive taken the advice of a few of the members on here, and for not much outlay, should get some very good results!!

figgers crossed again!!! third time lucky hey! lol,

jay

midnight motorsport
hi, it can be done. all you have to do is cut off the flange for the mi16 head and replace it by welding on a gti6 flange instead.

The only problem is the ports on the two heads are a bit different, so all i did was reshape the four header pipes to suit the gti6 flange.

just make sure you weld on the gti6 flange at the right angle.

hi mark

im glad you answered this, i saw it in you projects post, i was going to pm you about it, but thought it would be better on here so others can see/answer this, or tell me that its already been covered!! :)

Thats great, so there is a bit of work, but not nothing a nice tig set and a dremmel wont sort out,

not sure if you have read the post i left in your project post, if not?, ill say thanks here, and when you do see that post it will make sense!! lol

regards jay

markd6303
hi mark

im glad you answered this, i saw it in you projects post, i was going to pm you about it, but thought it would be better on here so others can see/answer this, or tell me that its already been covered!! :)

Thats great, so there is a bit of work, but not nothing a nice tig set and a dremmel wont sort out,

not sure if you have read the post i left in your project post, if not?, ill say thanks here, and when you do see that post it will make sense!! lol

regards jay

hi, i`ve read your post on my project post, nice to see the pistons came to good use, good look with the rest of your 205 build.

Thanks for your coment on my project, i just carn`t wait to finish it so i can use it at some track days, hopefully that will be this summer.

regarding you using the gti6 head rather than the mi16 head,it is definately the way forward . The gti6 head is by far better than the mi16 head.

obviously you have read my post for my project about the two heads and seen the result`s in the graph shown,that is why i chose the gti6 head.

the only modification you will have to make is the combustion chambers will need machineing as the compression is way to high.if unsure give neal a ring

at des developements and he will tell you exactly what wants modifying, as he built my engine.

regards Mark

Sign in to follow this