• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swinney88

Is My S.a.d Knackerd

swinney88

my engine is idealing at about a constant 1700-1800 rpm at idle when the engine is warm its fine when the engine is cold it's idle'ing at about 1k. is this a knackerd sad.

Anthony

Possible but unlikely - in my experience alot of ills are blamed on the SAD when it's rarely at fault. More likely if it's always done it that someone's just turned the idle speed up to compensate for no being able to get it to idle when cold properly...

Kennyb

well i've just gripped the bottom hose on mine when engine is at full running temp and engine cut and died (the sad should be shut when warmed, so in theory this shouldn't be happening) ......but i then went to check my idle screw and its fully screwed in...im guessing to compensate for the dodgy sad.......gonna replace just to see anyway....if not at least I know its not and ok so I can look elsewhere.............give it a grip when warm ;-)

Sign in to follow this