• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Early Xm Turbo Loom Plug Colours.

sonofsam

Possibley doing a loom swap this weekend for the XM turbo loom I have,

looking at it, some of the engine sensors are different colours compared to my late 406 loom.

Anyone give me a quick run down of plug colours on the XM loom and which pins on the injection double relay got the switched live etc...?

Ta,.

Sam.

sonofsam

Also on the XM there are two largish round plugs instead of two large square plugs as on the 406 loom,

On the 406 loom one of those big square plugs into a secondary harness with two large engine fuseboxes.

Does the XM not have a secondary main harness with any type of fuseboxes on it ?

M@tt

no additional fuseboxes on my xm loom

Edited by M@tt

sonofsam
have a look in my photobucket albumn which should have most of them

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/meb...Turbo%20Engine/

switched live is pin 2 i'm pretty sure

Excellent cheers M@tt great pics, hoping you would answer seeing as it's all fresh in your mind :wacko::)

no additional fuseboxes on my xm loom

Just what I wanted hear :D Will have a search on your topic too,

as I just want to confirm boost reg. sol. plug colour and im sure I saw a picture of it on there.

sonofsam

M@tt, any idea what this erouneous wiring is? have just sussed the rest.

DVC01904.jpg

Its close to the ECU plug and smaller round multiplug.

M@tt

hmm that doesn't look familiar i'm afraid i definitely haven't got a fuse on my loom there's not much else round the ecu on mine apart from the double relay have you got a further out pic so i can see a bit better where it comes off the loom

Edited by M@tt

pug_ham

I think the black piece in the picture is the injection coding resistor, don't think its needed though.

IIRC I've removed them from other looms before with no problems.

Graham.

sonofsam
hmm that doesn't look familiar i'm afraid i definitely haven't got a fuse on my loom there's not much else round the ecu on mine apart from the double relay have you got a further out pic so i can see a bit better where it comes off the loom

I can get one, but if your engine runs without and confirmed by graham below I will discount it probably

I think the black piece in the picture is the injection coding resistor, don't think its needed though.

IIRC I've removed them from other looms before with no problems.

Graham.

Does anyone have ECU pinouts for the XM at all? I have the 406 Pdf but just wanted to cross reference them :)

sonofsam

Doh! think I may have got the wrong side of the large round multiplug, from the breakers to make a plug and play loom this afternoon

Male and female fit together fine, however both plugs have pins in them, as opposed to a pin and a socket?!

Is this right or do you think I have the wrong one?

th_DVC01905.jpg

th_DVC01906.jpg

Top one is on the main turbo engine loom.

Edited by pugtorque
image filesizes, click thumbnails for fullsize picture.

Goliath

Awesome stuff, your signature is so useful M@tt! I will have to try and make sense of it all and work out the last few wires.

I went to the scrappy and managed to find a top mount and bracket for it, its not a power steering one though so will need to keep looking, but it will do to get it all mounted in :blush: