• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damien

Heater Not Working

damien

my heater packed up last week so after a search on here i decided that it had to be the resister, got a 2nd hand one off a member today and changed it only to find that theres not change still not heater.

you turn the nobbie thing clockwise and nothing happens, no noise nothing, as i said above ive changed the resister. i put a voltmeter to the plug that goes to the fan, it read 0.4 all the time no matter where you twist the knob too.

i had a look at the fuses in the glovebox and they all seem fine, ive tryed hitting the dash/dials really hard which didnt help.

im now out of ideas.....

thanks

Richie-Van-GTi

stick 12 volt across the 2 pin plug on the motor, if it comes to life you have a feed issue and need to trace back through the controls to see if its a wiring or control fault. From what I remember its fuse 2 for the heater.

damien

ok ive got a live feed from the battery to the fan and it works which means its the wiring or the control box, i take it the only way to find out which one is falty is by replacing them? i guess that the power runs from the contorl box to the resister to the fan, is this right? does anyone know what colour is the live feed on the wiring that goes into the resister?

thanks