• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpug

Speedo/rev Counter Needles Stuck On Xsara

danpug

Hi. I just used my gf's xsara to bump my car as the battery was dead, now both the speedo and rev counter needles are stuck (the little pin is stopping them going round). It's almost as if they have gone backwards!! :D Any ideas?

danpug

Can anyone help, please!!

steve@cornwall
Can anyone help, please!!

I guess it's an electronic speedo, then? Did it happen when you disconnected the jump leads? Try using jump leads on it again?

Rob Turbo

On my mates focus when the battery died, we put jump leads on and the needles jumped round right off the clock, but they did go back again. It sounds like they've done the same but gone a bit too far and sort of reset themselves but on the wrong side of the pin. I would have thought that you would have to either take the dials out and tip them about to try shaking them back round, or open the dials and push the needles back.

danpug
I guess it's an electronic speedo, then? Did it happen when you disconnected the jump leads? Try using jump leads on it again?

I guess it is. I think it happened when i connected them or tried turning my car over (i wasn't in the xsara so didn't see).

On my mates focus when the battery died, we put jump leads on and the needles jumped round right off the clock, but they did go back again. It sounds like they've done the same but gone a bit too far and sort of reset themselves but on the wrong side of the pin. I would have thought that you would have to either take the dials out and tip them about to try shaking them back round, or open the dials and push the needles back.

Hope i don't have to take the bloody things out, probably a pita.

Edited by danpug

2-Pugs

I have a Xsara and I am pretty certain that the speedo is electronic, judging by the way that the needle moves, especially at slow speed. I can only assume that some part of the electronics have been damaged on your car by a spike from the jump start, but it's surprising, you would have thought they'd have designed it to be protected from that sort of thing.

danpug

Its a v plate. The needles do sctually move but they just hit the pins and can't go any further!

danpug

The speedo needle randomly corrected itself while driving yesterday, still no rev counter though B):lol:

danpug

And another update! Putting my foot down a bit yesterday i missed a gear and the rev needle flicked over the black pin so now have the rev counter as well lol.