• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

No Heat From Heater

large

I have very little heat coming from my heater, its not a blocked matrix as i have removed the two pipes going to it and flushed it with a hose pipe. Also when the car is running the pipe to and from the matrix are warm/hot.

I have the heater control in the car all the way up and when I turn it down the air does get colder (but not by alot). How does the heater controler (by that I meen the knob with the red and blue around it) regulate the temp? As I think this may be my problem.

Many thanks Large.

johny105_y2k

i dont mean to be rude but have you bled it? sounds like an air lock.

johny

M@tt

first of all remove the expansion tank cap

on the bulkhead there are 2 pipes going the heater matrix pipes. The top one of these has a bleed screw on it. Open the bleed screw and rev the engine, you should find water and air come out. Keep the rev's up which pumps the water faster and then close the valve once its predominantly water coming out. Work your way round the coolant pipes squeezing them to help dislodge any airlocks. There's also a bleed valve on the thermosts housing so do the same for that.

you'll probably need to repeat the process a couple of times.

Edited by M@tt

large

Sorry I dont think it is a bleed problem, I have blead the system as I have done many times befor doing more or less as M@tt described.

Not to come over like a cock I will go and do it again and thanks for the replies.

johny105_y2k

iirc the dials are cable controlled for the heat + direction its the speed that is on the pcb

could be a dodgy cable?

M@tt

ah sorry didn't read your post properly

the knob contls push and pull a couple of wires that open/close vent flaps within the heater/blower housing. it could be that one of the have come loose/snapped and the vents aren't opening/closing. it would be a dash out job to replace it. but with you head in the footwells you might be able to see the cables in question and see if they are still secured.

welshpug

I had a 106 that seemed to flow coolant perfectly fine, problem was that the matrix was full of crud and the water not circulating through it fully.

2-Pugs

Does the car heat up okay? If not, perhaps your thermostat is jammed open and it doesn't get as warm as it should.