• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Replacment Of Gti6 Manifold Studs/nuts

djinuk

My gti6 engine arrived with a few manifold studs/nuts missing, and the ones which were still there are diffrent sizes and rusted up to hell, can anybody tell me the best method of removal , and refitting, and also tell me where to obtain some new studs and nuts.

welshpug

best place to obtain new exhaust studs and nuts would probably be Peugeot or Citroen as they can be quite specific, usually much higher quality than anything aftermarket too, for the intake any nut and bolt supplier can help if you know the dimensions.

is it intake or exhaust that's missing the fixings? or both?

For removal it depends on the condition, if you can get 2 nuts onto the stud, you can lock them together and wind them out, if you can't you'll need a suitable extractor.

To re-fit them just make sure the holes are clean and dry, and wind them in using the same 2 nut technique.

check GLpoomobile's sticky thread in the Misc/general technical forum GLP's Servicebox sticky thread

Edited by welshpug

djinuk

its just the eghaust manifold studs , sorry i should of mentioned that, i think i would manage to get 2 nuts on the existing studs, just sooner get them replaced whilst the engine is out the car so i can avoid any problems further down the line.

JeffR

When I ordered 9 for my mi16 head last year, I was told they are NLA.

I managed to get 8 from Autofive.

Not sure if they are the same as the GTi6 ones 'tho.

welshpug

that particular pattern of stud used by the 1.9 Mi is, but its just an M8 stud so as long as you can get one of a suitable dimension it doesn't matter from which engine they come from.

for the gti6 0355 68 10 req STUD M8X1.25 IM15 L32 E6 - INJECTION XU10J4RS

and the nut

0341 22 10 req NUT WITH BASE M8X1.25-11-17,5

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this