• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

Done A Search And Can't Find Anything

chocolate_o_brian

Nearside wiper is starting to smear terribly and miss chunks of the windscreen, so would like to replace both at the same time. Rear one is currently good good.

Basically, I would like to know what size I require, and advice on which brand to buy. The local motor shops usually sell you the crap ones, otherwise I'd just go in and ask for 2 for my specific car. Thats why I'm asking here, as I don't think the correct sizes are currently fitted (for those who have visited recent threads of mine, I have questioned the knowledge and general stupidity of the previous owner on several occasions and this one is no different :lol: ).

So, yeah, the correct sizes would be great (not in my Haynes book - looked), and a recommendation on decent brand would be great too. I heard about Bosch and those modern looking ones etc.

I had a new windscreen fitted late last year too if that makes any difference.

Cheers :)

Mikey S
Nearside wiper is starting to smear terribly and miss chunks of the windscreen, so would like to replace both at the same time. Rear one is currently good good.

Basically, I would like to know what size I require, and advice on which brand to buy. The local motor shops usually sell you the crap ones, otherwise I'd just go in and ask for 2 for my specific car. Thats why I'm asking here, as I don't think the correct sizes are currently fitted (for those who have visited recent threads of mine, I have questioned the knowledge and general stupidity of the previous owner on several occasions and this one is no different :lol: ).

So, yeah, the correct sizes would be great (not in my Haynes book - looked), and a recommendation on decent brand would be great too. I heard about Bosch and those modern looking ones etc.

I had a new windscreen fitted late last year too if that makes any difference.

Cheers :)

i' would go for valeo blades. imo much better than anything else on the market. sizes are 18 inch for the fronts and the back.

mike

jimistdt

Bosch ones are fine should get a pair for £8-£10 I think off the top of my head they are about 18", if no-one verifies I'll measure mine when I go for cig.

:lol:

chocolate_o_brian
i' would go for valeo blades. imo much better than anything else on the market. sizes are 18 inch for the fronts and the back.

mike

Bloody hell, mine must be waaay out then. Ones like a bamoo shoot and the others like a toothbrush :)

So 3x18" is all I require then. :lol:

Jimistdt, would really appreciate that mate.

Edited by chocolate_o_brian

tonycj

I went on ebay and bought a pair of those aero blades, 18", good blades and cheap to.

I just typed in 'peugeot 205 wiper blades' and looked what was available, decided to try the aero blades, job done.

Just my two peneth worth!

Many Thanks,

Tony.

mattbenselin

Aero blades really work much nicer than standard ones, no harm in trying them out!

chocolate_o_brian

Hmmm, I'm getting a mixed response from either Valeo standard ones or the Aero Blades.

Choices, choices...

welshpug

I either fit Valeo Silencio or peugeot originals, cost a bit more but do last well, Peugeot ones come with a bottle of screenwash too.

Fox

I've always gone for genuine pug ones, try some neat screen wash or vinegar on the blades first, it should clean the rubber and make them soft again

You wouldn't believe how long you can keep them going for!

chocolate_o_brian
I've always gone for genuine pug ones, try some neat screen wash or vinegar on the blades first, it should clean the rubber and make them soft again

You wouldn't believe how long you can keep them going for!

Think these ones are totaled now. The nearside one is peeling off and barely wipes the section of window at all now. Drivers one is still good.

Will either be Valeo or Aero ones now me thinks.

Goliath

I recently needed to change the wipers on the mk1 Clio, I couldnt find any particular info on which would be best between standard and aero. I have had standard blades fitted before on various cars so wanted to do my own 'review' on the aero ones.

Managed to buy some off ebay for under £10 delivered (front only), fitted them and i'm impressed, they work fine (but then all new wipers do) they clear the windscreen perfectly evenly and quickly, the main advantage I have noticed though is that at high speeds they dont make as much wind noise as normal ones nor do they lift off the windscreen at all, they still wipe just aswell on the down stroke at speeds above 100.

I have only had them fitted for a few days so cant comment on how long they last etc.

Just my input....

GTI6BOY

Sparco aero blades....£6 each on the bay

The best wiper blades you will get imo

Edited by GTI6BOY

jplautomotive

halfords pair of 18's in one box shelf price 15 quid

trade card £4.14 ! for 2 only put them on mum in laws car but hey seemed good , but for 4 quid bloody good

jonny

chocolate_o_brian

Just to bump this. Has anyone got any links to shops etc. for buying blades. I haven't a trade card for Halfords, so will buy probably off Ebay. But I'd rather go on recommendation if anyone has some feedback please? Decided I'm also going to try the Aero blades, so would like a reputable place to purchase from. Cheers.