• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest freda155

Where Is The Rev Limiter Located?

Guest freda155

I always thought the rev limiter was in the ECU, but when I read about the 1,6 125 hp PTS kit it seems that another tachymetriv relay is included. The purpose of that is to increase the rev limiter. Now to the question: Do all L-Jetronic cars have the limiter in the tachy relay?

(I also have an Alfa Romeo 75 3,0 who does not benefit from the rev limiter in its current "condition")

I dared to ask here because the level of knowledge at this forum seems spectacular.

davemar

In the LE-Jetronic the rev limiter is dealt with in the ECU. You can remove it with some modifications to some diodes IIRC, I did it to an old ECU of mine years ago.

Guest freda155
In the LE-Jetronic the rev limiter is dealt with in the ECU. You can remove it with some modifications to some diodes IIRC, I did it to an old ECU of mine years ago.

Okay, what about L-Jetronic then? On some cars there's a thingy on the rotor inside the distributor, but if not?

mattbenselin

My old 205 which was L-Jetronic (1.9) had it's rev limit removed by using another ECU which had been modified. So I would deduce from that the rev limiter on the GTI is def. in the ECU not an external component and def. not the tach relay.

Guest freda155
My old 205 which was L-Jetronic (1.9) had it's rev limit removed by using another ECU which had been modified. So I would deduce from that the rev limiter on the GTI is def. in the ECU not an external component and def. not the tach relay.

OK, thanks.

Sign in to follow this