• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest projectje

Ew10 Bottom Mi16 Head Possible Or Not

Guest projectje

hi all

here is my next project, bought me an ew10 engine not sure witch it actually is the only code i can find on it is H (then i think its a 3 but not sure) HGF the under that there is EW10 /0 then under that there is 073 then 18:56 witch looks like a time stamp an than its 0916. i think its just an 206 gti engine with 100kw looks like a photo i saw on internet witch said it was EW10j4 ew10j4 data

so what i like to know is as follow i have an mi16 head here will it fit on the botom and will it increase horsepower. or is it a better way to go for turbo charging this engine what will be more relailable. and then last but not least will an original 1.9 gti gearbox fit this engine or do i have to modifi it with an gearbox from an 206 or 307. i have found only a few different story s for this engine in a 205 i know i need to change the top engine mount and i think i need to change the gearbox but that i would like to know for sure because i never did anything like that. i found the link on this board to a photo reportage for this conversion in a 205 but would like to have a bit more data on above questions. so i can decide what is the best to do

for the ecu i will go for msIIextra witch i did before on my mi16 and custom inlet for the turbo or mi16 head with throttlebodies witch i did before

hope you guys can help me out i know its a lot of questions, if you do have some answers please let me know thanks in advance

regards rob

welshpug

being that there's a 180 bhp version of this engine that can hit 200 with just a remap and a decent air filter and exhaust choice I doubt an Mi16 head will be an improvement in any way.

Michael

Hi!

The XU heads won't fit to the EW bottom end. I was also planning to do something like you but I detected that the oilways don't line up and as far as I recognize a few more things are different. If you like to, I can take a photo of a EW10J4 head and a XU10J4 head tomorrow, so that you can see the differences.

Best regards

Michael

engine killer

afaik, EW and XU have different gearbox housing but the internals can be interchanged with minor modification, please correct me if I am wrong.

DrSarty

Sorry, off topic:

I'm organising the Eurotrip and would like to invite another Dutchman - ProjectJE, and our first German - Michael to join us. Details via the link in my signature.

Please excuse me for this, but we have no German involvement as of yet, and I needed to take the opportunity.

Rich

Guest projectje
The XU heads won't fit to the EW bottom end. I was also planning to do something like you but I detected that the oilways don't line up and as far as I recognize a few more things are different. If you like to, I can take a photo of a EW10J4 head and a XU10J4 head tomorrow, so that you can see the differences.

ok to bad are the differents a lot or just a little bit so maybe they can be converted? another question about the head my engine comes from a chrashed 206 there are 2 different types of cam wheels fitted one seems to excist out of to parts a inner and an outer ring, problem is that it looks as if the rings aren t correct lined in each other is this normal or is this from the chrash. can i change this wheel with one of the mi16?

afaik, EW and XU have different gearbox housing but the internals can be interchanged with minor modification, please correct me if I am wrong.

yes that is possible saw pictures on the net but would be nice if someone could explain in text what should be changed

and some people say you can fit a original box so i like to be sure because i dont have a 206 gearbox jet.

Sorry, off topic:

I'm organising the Eurotrip and would like to invite another Dutchman - ProjectJE, and our first German - Michael to join us. Details via the link in my signature.

Please excuse me for this, but we have no German involvement as of yet, and I needed to take the opportunity.

Rich

no problem Rich dont think that i can join for all 10 days but maybe i can join up wenn you have a rest point in holland or belgium i live near the belgium border in the most south west corner of holland.

Sign in to follow this