• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
saveloy

Ignition Switch

saveloy

I need an ignition switch. Since mine is having trouble passing current.

Mine's an '88 model. Anybody have a part number?

welshpug

4162 29 for a random combination key. 4162 30 for a specific key going off the original, I believe you need the key number for this which would be in the documentation.

GSF and Neat Auto's do Valeo ignition barrels, had to put on on my car after it got nicked.

pretty straightforward to change, remove cowlings, remove single screw, stick key in and turn until tab can be depressed, withdraw barrel assembly by pulling the key.

saveloy

Thanks. It is just the plastic ignition switch that connects to the ignition barrel that I intend to change though. I'm pretty sure these are available seperately.

hexhamstu
Thanks. It is just the plastic ignition switch that connects to the ignition barrel that I intend to change though. I'm pretty sure these are available seperately.

i went to pug and they quoted me £125 or there abouts, it was something insane, i bought one off here for £5 posted.

Baz

I should think i have one knocking about if you don't have any joy finding one Kyri. :rolleyes:

saveloy
I should think i have one knocking about if you don't have any joy finding one Kyri. :)

Ooooh, thanks Baz. If you're at the meet on Monday, would you mind bringing it with you? How much would you like for it Sir?

Mind you, will I need to replace the metal barrel aswell, in order to sort my problem. And if so, is it possible to swap the key mechanism, so that I can retain my present key?

Edited by saveloy

Anthony

The ignition switch is replaceable seperately to the barrel - just two screws once you've removed the barrel from the column :)