• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

Fog Light Blows Fuse.

hexhamstu

is this just because it is shorting out somewhere? and what size is the fuse supposed to be?

dirtdog

Front fog light/driving light (whatever) ? I replaced my standard ones with ring items a few months back and they instantly blew the fuse for some reason. I threw a bigger one in and it's not happened since.

I took a 15 out..And I replaced it with a 25..at least thats what I think I done. It's been a while

hexhamstu

im talking about the rear fog, the driving lights work a treat after i replaced the corroded plugs and put the halfords extra bright bulbs in there, on and had to wire brush the metal surround bits and repaint because they are s*it quality.

hexhamstu

unscrewed the rear lights now its not blowing the fuse so i guess its shorting out on there somewhere, but now the bloody indicator has stopped working cars are proper s*it.

hexhamstu

the button now lights up after repairing one wire, but the actual fog light still doesnt light up, if i am to put a new wire in from the fuse board back where will the wire attach to the fuse board.

j_turnell

You checked with a multimeter your getting 12v on the plug with the switch pushed in?

hexhamstu

nope, i was going to but the multimeter eluded me.

jackherer

The switches are pretty flaky, the hazard ones fail in unusual ways all the time, I've never seen a dead foglight switch but they are used less frequently than hazards so it will probably take longer for them to go through as many cycles.

welshpug

mine decided to give up for the last MOT, odd as I had checked all the lights the day before, when I got the car back I was rather frustrated and sat there for a while jabbing the button on and off outside the garage, to which it worked every time :blush: