• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andyjstone

Oil Filter Bottle Mounting

andyjstone

The oil filler bottle broke on my 205 GTI 1.6 and I bought a replacement, but the mounting doesn't seem to line up (see pic below). Does anyone know if there is something missing or whether perhaps it is the wrong bottle?

Thanks,

Andy

oil.jpg

Edited by andyjstone

welshpug

can't see the picture! can now, cheat lol

there is a piece on the front end of the pot that looks like it should mount to something on the 8 valver, but doesnt.

it is used on a different engine as well, I think the 1.9 Mi16 does.

nothing wrong with it :huh:

Edited by welshpug

EdCherry

All the 205's ive seen it just bolts on the other side. From my understanding the same bottle is used on other models and therefore different mount points, etc etc.

andyjstone

Thanks for the fast replies - do I take it then that the bottle only fixes on one side and the 'hook' on the other side doesn't attach to anything?

Andy

welshpug

yes :huh:

dcc

my 8v filler used to just sit there, not held inplace by anything, think i snapped the plastic which held it on.

andyjstone

That's what mine was like, but I only use the car on the track and I was a bit concerned about it just floating around!

Sign in to follow this