• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gazzer

1.8 2ltr

gazzer

buying a gearbox and the bloke selling says the 1.8 and 2 ltr are the same is this ture?

jplautomotive

i take you mean xu10 and xu7 ? i dont think they are , the bell housing is different on one of them

has extra bolts if i remember rightly . i had it before from scrapys for a 406 took me 3 boxs to get the right one

jonn

Baz

Same be3 fitment yes, ratio's are different though i'd presume.

welshpug

they should both be BE3 or 4 boxes, and will both fit, though the gear ratios may be different, as will the clutch release mechanism.

some of the bellhousings do have additional mounting points, but this doesn't affect its mounting to different engines as far as I know.

what gearbox are you trying to source?

gazzer
they should both be BE3 or 4 boxes, and will both fit, though the gear ratios may be different, as will the clutch release mechanism.

some of the bellhousings do have additional mounting points, but this doesn't affect its mounting to different engines as far as I know.

what gearbox are you trying to source?

2 ltr 16 valve

Baz

From what car? Unsurprisingly there's a few different 2.0 16v engines!

Miles

A scrappy or Ebayer will say this as they have no idea what anything is bar a Peugeot Gearbox as long as they get a sale is all they want, Yes it will fit but if it's suitable is another matter