• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbo_jay

Water Temp

Guest turbo_jay

hi there people, me again!! i have just bought someone elses 2 litre turbo engine project. I have just replaced the engine, looking to find out how i wire the temperature gage up in my 205. If anybody could help it would be appriciated.

Kind regards

Jay

Rob Turbo

The sensor with a blue plug IIRC, 2 pins, pin 1 is the gauge wire, pin 2 is the coolant temp warning light (I could have this the wrong way around, but I'm fairly sure that's the right way around) Under your dash in the drivers footwell there will be 2 brown plugs, search the forum and there's some diagrams of which pin does what (search for "brown multiplug", it's there somewhere), using that, connect the wires from the blue plug to the brown ones, job jobbed.

Richie-Van-GTi

pretty sure pin 1 is sensor wire and pin 2 goes to ground, I could be wrong though., stop switch should be brown sensor which again has a wire to ground.

Guest turbo_jay
The sensor with a blue plug IIRC, 2 pins, pin 1 is the gauge wire, pin 2 is the coolant temp warning light (I could have this the wrong way around, but I'm fairly sure that's the right way around) Under your dash in the drivers footwell there will be 2 brown plugs, search the forum and there's some diagrams of which pin does what (search for "brown multiplug", it's there somewhere), using that, connect the wires from the blue plug to the brown ones, job jobbed.

hi there agane rob your been a star as per usual :D

the only blue plug i have only has one wire??

there is a brown plug and a green one .

thees are the three on the back of the thermastat housing??

kind regards jay

Richie-Van-GTi

Blue one is the coolant temp guage sensor, green is temp sensor for the ecu and brown is the switch for over temp. :D

Guest turbo_jay
Blue one is the coolant temp guage sensor, green is temp sensor for the ecu and brown is the switch for over temp. :D

hy there my blue one only has one wire ????

kind regards jay

Rob Turbo

The one wire from the blue one goes to your gauge

On my turbo lump the sensors were different, I had 2 wires on each sensor, the brown was the rad fan switch, you don't really need the warning light, if you can wire up sensors you don't need a light to tell you the gauge is too high!

Guest turbo_jay
The one wire from the blue one goes to your gauge

On my turbo lump the sensors were different, I had 2 wires on each sensor, the brown was the rad fan switch, you don't really need the warning light, if you can wire up sensors you don't need a light to tell you the gauge is too high!

thank u rob .

2 last question for u .

do theas turbo lump's have an oil preshear,oil temp switch ??

and oil level switch if so where are thay locatid ??

do the switchis above work of a + feed or a - feed including the water temp??

regards jay

Rob Turbo

Oil pressure switch (for the oil light) - yes, on the front of the block, near the alternator

Oil pressure gauge sender - no, you need a T piece and a sensor from a gti for that

Oil temp sensor - possibly, check to see if there's a sensor in the sump, probably not, but there might be a bung for it, there was on mine

Oil level sensor - yes, back of the engine, it looks like just a wire coming from the back of the block, on the gearbox side, should have a yellow plug

All the sensors supply a -ve feed to the gauges

Guest turbo_jay
Oil pressure switch (for the oil light) - yes, on the front of the block, near the alternator

Oil pressure gauge sender - no, you need a T piece and a sensor from a gti for that

Oil temp sensor - possibly, check to see if there's a sensor in the sump, probably not, but there might be a bung for it, there was on mine

Oil level sensor - yes, back of the engine, it looks like just a wire coming from the back of the block, on the gearbox side, should have a yellow plug

All the sensors supply a -ve feed to the gauges

sorry rob one last thing .

i must be boring u buy now :) .

is it true i need some sort of converson thing for my rev counter to work ??

and where would i get one from ?

where duse it plug in to on the engian side?

u are a compleat star :D

Edited by turbo_jay

Rob Turbo

Yes you need an adaptor for the rev counter, get in touch with spiky off here, he makes them, you tap into 2 of the wires to the coil pack to get it to work, it's not too difficult.

Guest turbo_jay

yet agane rob u are a star man thank u for all your help it is mutch apreceatid :huh:

Sign in to follow this