• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neosophist

Bumpers

Guest Neosophist

OK!

I have your bog standard 205 trio + h/leather seats and speedlines...

My mate said I should get the front bumper off the 205 GTi I got the seats / wheels off.

A) Is it any different, it looked fairly the same.

:o If it's different is it a straight fit?

Regs,

Martin.

pug_ham

The front bumper on a GTi could be slightly different due to the shape of the arches on a GTi being slightly wider / flared.

If your mate said do this just so you can have the lower spoiler as well, this will fit the standard 205 bumper with no problems so don't bother trying to get your bumper off just fit it to your current one.

Graham.:o

pacey205

Basically the bumpers are identical except that the GTi one is slightly shorter to accomodat the plastic arches on the wing. I think this is correct from looking at some pictures I have (think theyre from haynes or something).

As Graham has already said if you want to just fit the GTi valance it will fit directly onto the standard bumper as below on my old 1.1

251my_car.jpg

Michael

Guest SuperFLY

the gti bumper is completely different.

the std lower model bumper has the main bumper and a small valance all in one.. whereas the gti has the main bumper and the large lower valance is fixed on the bottom.

Guest Serg

as above if got GTI instead of the crapy 1.1 version at it looks soooooooo much better

pacey205
the std lower model bumper has the main bumper and a small valance all in one

Sorry but nope, they are seperate as well, the valance is just hel on with bolts cause all I did with mine was take off the lower valance and then put the GTi one back on.

Michael

Guest SuperFLY

my GR's one was all in one.

do you have an xs? - would explain why they're seperate

Edited by SuperFLY

pacey205

Strange, mine was a GL. Basically the lowest spec 205 you could get :o

Michael

Guest tom

maybe it was a ph1 GR cos on my k reg GR they are separate :o

Tom

Guest huddsta

my juniors bumper and valance are seperate 2

pug_ham

AFAIK only the very early 205's (up to C reg & side repeaters) had one piece bumpers and spoilers, after that hay are simply held together by nuts and bolts that shear off when you try to undo them.

Graham.:o

pacey205
AFAIK only the very early 205's (up to C reg & side repeaters) had one piece bumpers and spoilers, after that hay are simply held together by nuts and bolts that shear off when you try to undo them.

That would explain it then. Oh an yes get a complete set of bolts to replace the ones already there cause they WILL shear off without fail and the car looks very silly without the front valance :o

Michael

speedy

205 XS, and gti have the same valance but different bumpers (gti got holes for the arches)

the rear bumpers and valance are different.

the lower spec models had the complete bumpers (which looks crap in plastic color)

Guest SuperFLY
maybe it was a ph1 GR cos on my k reg GR they are separate :o

Tom

was a C-reg! definately ph1 :D

Sign in to follow this