• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbo_jay

Lamba Sensor

Guest turbo_jay

hi people just wondering if any body can help i bought someone elses 205 turbo project and the engine was no good, as the bottom end had gone. I have now replaced the engine and come to the wiring. I have wired the engine back up, and it runs but seems to be over fueling, i am now stuck on the lamba sensor, as on the wiring loom the lamba sensor had only 3 wires coming out of the loom and there is 4 wires on the lamba sensor. The person who did the wiring before it had a 10 amp fuse in the middle of the lamba sensor wiring and another wire earthed but can't remember which was ones. Could some one please help and tell me how they have wired the lamba sensor up.

kind regards

Turbo Jay

Rob Turbo

On the lambda sensor is there 2 wires going to a plug for the loom and 2 bare wires? On 4 wire lambda sensors 2 wires go to the ecu, the other 2 are for the heater, so one wire is earthed, the other has a switched live going to it, it doesn't matter which way around the earth and switched live go, it's just a coil, works the same both ways.

HTH,

Rob

Guest turbo_jay
On the lambda sensor is there 2 wires going to a plug for the loom and 2 bare wires? On 4 wire lambda sensors 2 wires go to the ecu, the other 2 are for the heater, so one wire is earthed, the other has a switched live going to it, it doesn't matter which way around the earth and switched live go, it's just a coil, works the same both ways.

HTH,

Rob

hi there rob thanks for the quick response .

on the loom there is one red one black and one bear wire. On the lamba senser there is 2 white wires one gray and one black

Quigs

the 2 white wires are the heater wires (so i've heard) so the other 2 must be the one's going to the ecu.

i'm having the same sort of problem with mine, don't know which wires go where.

so could you test the two white wire's to check if one is connected to switched live and other to earth?

sorry for butting in on the thread turbo_jay.

Quigs

Rob Turbo

So is there no plugs for the lambda sensor on the loom? Just wires with no plug? Do you have a multi meter?

@Quigs,

I I have a turbo loom sat outside with a 4 wire lambda sensor, drop me a PM to remind me and I'll let you know where each wire goes.

Edited by Rob Turbo

Guest turbo_jay
So is there no plugs for the lambda sensor on the loom? Just wires with no plug? Do you have a multi meter?

there is no plugs thats how i got it. i can get access to a multi meter .

witch wire needs to be earth and witch wire needs to be switched live.

kind regards jay

Quigs

@Quigs,

I I have a turbo loom sat outside with a 4 wire lambda sensor, drop me a PM to remind me and I'll let you know where each wire goes.

No there is no connector, well the original one is there but it was not used just tucked up out the way and the lamba sensor was connected directly into the loom as it has a self learning ecu,

i cut it off but can't remember which way round they went as i took the engine out of the old car about 6 months ago.

so i just really need to know how to find out which wire goes where.

and yes have a multimeter.

Quigs

Guest turbo_jay
the 2 white wires are the heater wires (so i've heard) so the other 2 must be the one's going to the ecu.

i'm having the same sort of problem with mine, don't know which wires go where.

so could you test the two white wire's to check if one is connected to switched live and other to earth?

sorry for butting in on the thread turbo_jay.

Quigs

hi there quigs .

with your lamba problem do u get to a setan amount of rpm and the car miss fire alital ???

kind regards jay

Miles

Silly question, But does it have the Turbo Loom and ECU, the 8v 205 CTi Jettronic has a 3 wirre system with a few others

Rob Turbo

2 of the wires go to pin 10 and pin 28 of the ecu, these are the signal wires, (that's pin 3 and 4 of the sensor, if it had a plug), the other wire, see if it connects to pin 6 of the big relay near the ecu, if it does, this is your switched live and will need the fuse, I'll have to get back to you tomorrow with which wire goes where from the sensor, it's too cold to be going outside!

Quigs
hi there quigs .

with your lamba problem do u get to a setan amount of rpm and the car miss fire alital ???

kind regards jay

yes, it idle's at 2000rpm but revs ok, just overfuelling. does misfire when first started but smooths out after about 10-20 secs.

Quigs

Guest turbo_jay
2 of the wires go to pin 10 and pin 28 of the ecu, these are the signal wires, (that's pin 3 and 4 of the sensor, if it had a plug), the other wire, see if it connects to pin 6 of the big relay near the ecu, if it does, this is your switched live and will need the fuse, I'll have to get back to you tomorrow with which wire goes where from the sensor, it's too cold to be going outside!

Thank u rob this information is mutch apreceatid

kind regards jay

Quigs

i will check them in the morning aswell, cheers for the help.

and sorry again Jay for butting in.

Quigs

Guest turbo_jay
i will check them in the morning aswell, cheers for the help.

and sorry again Jay for butting in.

Quigs

No wuris mate just hope it sort mine and your problem out .

kind regards jay

Rob Turbo

Been out and checked the lambda sensor, the plug is,

1. White

2. White

3. Grey

4. Black

So the 2 white ones are the heater, one goes to pin 6 of the big relay via a fuse, the other goes to earth, the grey wire goes to pin 10 of the ecu, the black wire goes to pin 28 of the ecu.

Guest turbo_jay
Been out and checked the lambda sensor, the plug is,

1. White

2. White

3. Grey

4. Black

So the 2 white ones are the heater, one goes to pin 6 of the big relay via a fuse, the other goes to earth, the grey wire goes to pin 10 of the ecu, the black wire goes to pin 28 of the ecu.

Thank u rob this information is greatly apreceatid .

i will be trying this tomora thank u agane

kind regards jay

Guest turbo_jay

Thank u agane rob put the wires on like u sed .

she runs like a dream .

thank u agane

Rob Turbo

No problem! :D

Sign in to follow this