• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

Clutch Pedal Sticking Down

dcc

I've just fitted a new mi into my 205, its all gone in quite happily, today I came to putting the clutch cable back into situ. When I tighened the cable, the pedal is at the correct height (roughly 1cm above the brake pedal) it seems to stick when fully pressed. I Think it is nothing to do with the pedal, as when it was stuck down, I went to check the clutch lever and arm, this seemed to be the issue.

What could I have done wrong?

Is there anyway to check what could be wrong, or even an easy solution?

The input shaft seemed to fit the clutch fine when refitting the box, this was done when the engine was out of the car.

Rom

How far down does the pedal go before it snaps to the floor ?

Before my conversion, i had the same thing. But obviously hadnt taken the box out or anything.

I could drive it, providing the pedal didnt go past a certain point, or else it would snap to the floor, and id have to try and lift it up with my foot.

Mine was the cable, which i replaced as soon as i could get one, was fine after that.

Rich_p

Mine was getting stuck down and it turned out it was getting stuck in the rubber that covers the metal on the floor underneath the pedal

Richie-Van-GTi

check the clutch arm isnt bent slightly and catching on the gearbox casing.

Sign in to follow this