• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Fitting Bucket Seats

djinuk

i currently have some bucket seats in my 205, however i fitted them onto the original seat subframes, im finding that im sat very high, now i have seen that some people have actually welded bars to the floor pan behind the hump in the floor, allowing the seating position to be lower. My problem is i am only 5ft,9 and my legs would not be long enough to reach the pedals if i were to do this.. any suggestions. and yes im a short arse :lol::) thanks

jplautomotive
i currently have some bucket seats in my 205, however i fitted them onto the original seat subframes, im finding that im sat very high, now i have seen that some people have actually welded bars to the floor pan behind the hump in the floor, allowing the seating position to be lower. My problem is i am only 5ft,9 and my legs would not be long enough to reach the pedals if i were to do this.. any suggestions. and yes im a short arse :lol::) thanks

lol i only have short legs as well , i cut the standerd hump bit off and weld bar a lot lower where hump used to be

and my passenger seat is even lower and futher back

jonny

bensonmi

couldnt the seat rails be moved, just be mounted further forward on the floor to get the ideal driving position

djinuk

ah yes i see, as my car still has carpet etc, im a little woried about modifying it to much, as i still want it to look road going etc aswell , hmm hmm

iamjackiechan

i was thinking of just cutting the hump out and welding a sheet of steel in so the floor is completely flat and getting proper seat mounts and bolting it to the floor. is there anything wrong with this idea

jplautomotive

no up to you how you fit them , just need to be strong a sheet would need some support under neath it i would think

dont forgot have a lot of force/weight at different angles corning , braking etc

jonny

Tom Fenton

Do a search, there was a really good topic on this a few weeks back with 4 or 5 pics of the insides of peoples cars showing different approaches.

iamjackiechan

i had a look through all of that post and everyone welds the L shape in on the exhaust tunnel, what wrong with just welding the rail to the exhaust tunnel

Tom Fenton

It would be OK if you don't mind sitting wedged against the door and offset from the steering wheel.

Cameron

Depends what mounts you have I guess.. I had side mounts on mine so needed to cut into the tunnel in order to get the seat central to the controls as Tom said. You might be able to get away with it with base mounts but I doubt it.

jplautomotive

mine are base mounts and i have not cut the tunnel , bit of a pig to bolt the seat down but i done it ok

the passenger side i have to bolt with a long allen key up though the floor from out side lol

jonny