• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

405 Mi16 Wheels

BackStreetRacecars

After searching already... (maybe im too blind to notice it) I've been looki n for the offset of the 5 spoke 405 Mi16 wheels... Can someone tell me what the offset is... (its too bloody cold to go outside plus its dark) And does anyone have any pictures of them on 205s.... Cheers!!!

jplautomotive
After searching already... (maybe im too blind to notice it) I've been looki n for the offset of the 5 spoke 405 Mi16 wheels... Can someone tell me what the offset is... (its too bloody cold to go outside plus its dark) And does anyone have any pictures of them on 205s.... Cheers!!!

think i read this the other day on another post et19 ?? maybe

jonny

bensonmi

i got them on 1 of my pugs, dont know the offset but they do need spacering out a bit on the back of a 205, but if youv got a 309 beam they clear ok,front are not a problem tho they bolt straight on!

post-13260-1230665193_thumb.jpg

welshpug

ET28 the 15" ones are, Tombo iirc used to have some on his 205 IIRC, and my mate Pugtop has some on his 205.

they will fit on a 1.6 without spacers as long as the sidewall isn't too fat, otherwise its 3mm spacer you need, a 1.9 would need about a 10mm spacer.

or as mentioned, on a 309 beam they go straight on and you don't even have any outer arch clearance issues, ideal!

Edited by welshpug

BackStreetRacecars
ET28 the 15" ones are, Tombo iirc used to have some on his 205 IIRC, and my mate Pugtop has some on his 205.

they will fit on a 1.6 without spacers as long as the sidewall isn't too fat, otherwise its 3mm spacer you need, a 1.9 would need about a 10mm spacer.

or as mentioned, on a 309 beam they go straight on and you don't even have any outer arch clearance issues, ideal!

So the difference on the front isnt going to make that much of a difference to the handling? I have 309 front and rear set up on the car at the moment.....

bensonmi
So the difference on the front isnt going to make that much of a difference to the handling? I have 309 front and rear set up on the car at the moment.....

you wont need any spacers with the 309 set up :wacko:

Baz

Nope, depleting the point in adding the 309 setup in the first place, apart from the bigger rear bars and -neg. front camber of course.

cybernck

if it's a 1.9, LHS wheel may rub on the gearbox on full right lock.

BackStreetRacecars

A few things just to clear this up for me.....

What is the et of the mi wheels (et 28 or 29) and the et of the standard 1.9 wheels?

Why does it rub on a 1.9 and not a 1.6? gearbox? the hub difference?

What width are the wheels?

Cheers!

welshpug

1.9 and Mi16 wheels are both 6j, the reason they do not rub as badly on a 1.6 is the hubs and drums, they have a greater offset (hence the slightly wider track of a 1.6)

bensonmi
A few things just to clear this up for me.....

What is the et of the mi wheels (et 28 or 29) and the et of the standard 1.9 wheels?

Why does it rub on a 1.9 and not a 1.6? gearbox? the hub difference?

What width are the wheels?

Cheers!

dont know the et,they are 6j wide and iv never had rubbing issues on the front of my 1.9 with 1.9 box :lol:

pug_ham

Standard 1.9 GTi 6j15 alloys are et18.

Graham.