• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ericdean

Difference In Diffs Be1 To Be3

ericdean

Hello Folks

I've just bought a LSD in a BE1 (Lift up reverse) gearbox for my brothers track toy without checking what 'box was in his :) !! The 'box in it is a BE3 (right & down reverse) my question is will the LSD fit into the BE3 or do I need to change the 'box and lever etc?

Thanks in advance for setting me on the right path!!

Cheers

Eric

edbar

Almost certain the diff is interchangeable between be1-3. but if you are changing your box over from a be3 to a be1 im not sure how you get around selecting reverse? Sorry cant help anymore than that.

Miles

If it's a LSD then it will fit BE1, BE3 & BE4

ericdean

Thanks for the replies guys, nice easy job then :wacko:

Cheers

Eric

ericdean

Hello Folks

Just a quick question, I've just read a post about the crown wheel being different? Does this mean that I need to swap the gear ring bolted to the diff ie: remove the BE1 ring that is on the diff and put on the BE3 ring?

Cheers

Eric

Hilgie

That is correct. But count the teeth on both crownwheels first. If they have the same number of teeth, just swap it over including crown wheel. It would be smart to change the bearings though!!

ericdean

Cheers

Just a thought - a mate of mine swapped the diffs over for us and it meshed together perfect, no force required.

To me this sounds like the right crownheel for the gearbox?

Cheers

Eric

Hilgie

Must have the correct wheel then.

Sign in to follow this