• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
neil88

Omex Bass Map

neil88

hi i have got omex 600 ecu, I've got it all wired up but can't get the ecu to connect to the laptop i just get ecu is offline, should i of had a bass map with it when i got it new?

And were can i get a bass map for it just to get it running before i take it to be mapped?

it is 1.9 8v running 60-2 trigger wheel

air, water temp sensors

tps

and coil pack

welshpug

speak to Omex, pretty sure they have a base map for the 1.9 8v, I think Boombang got one from them recently (was ignition only though)

marksorrento205

You should be able to connect to the ecu even without a base map. I posted a question about something simular see below. This might help.

My topic

I also should have a base map for mine. Its a 1.9 mi16 engine on throttle bodies, but it does have an omex 600 with the tps,air and water sensor 60-2 flywheel and is running a ford DIS coil pack. Is yours a wasted spark? or a proper coil and dizzy? You are welcome to try my map. PM with an email address and I will forward it to you. Failing that I think its Andy or Richard at omex you need to talk to. They are spot on and should email you a map.

HTH

Edited by marksorrento205

Miles

You can connect to the ECU, if you can;t do this then even with a map you couldn't download it, I might have a 8v one on my laptop if I saved it from a car I did a while back.

Worth checking your RS232 cable and or laptop port or if using a USB to RS232 adaptor make sure the config is right

neil88

had a look at the link mark posted and my laptop is on com6 so i tried to change it to com2 but now when i try to connect to the ecu it says it can't connect to the serial port. Should the communications parameter bits per second be the same as the baud rate as the omex is 38400 and the bits per second is 9600

marksorrento205

Did you get it sorted?