• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trialster

Couple Of Mi16 Related Questions..

trialster

hey guys, so im half way through getting my 309 mi16'd and have come across a few doubts whilst replacing some bits.

first one, i'm fitting new fuel pipes, and was wondering if the pipe that goes to the fuel filter needs to be of the high pressure variety? i have a hose which i think would take 50psi, is this suitable?

also, does anyone know where i can get the larger bango needed for the top of the fuel filter to connect to the larger hose i'll be using?

thanks!

Will

Tom Fenton

50psi sounds borderline to me, I'm sure injection spec fuel line has a higher working pressure than that. Believe it or not Halfords are not bad for short lengths of injection spec pipe in a range of sizes.

For the larger banjo I'm sure Miles is the man to ask.

mattmk1

Larger banjo from any decent motor factors. And im pretty sure the fuel pump can run to 80 psi so for the sake of what it costs, id change the hose . Should be no more than a £10 a metre at even the most expensive factors - we pay about £4 a mtr!

pug_ham
first one, i'm fitting new fuel pipes, and was wondering if the pipe that goes to the fuel filter needs to be of the high pressure variety? i have a hose which i think would take 50psi, is this suitable?

High pressure or not (imo it is) I wouldn't use any hose that is rated for fuel use but it need to be suitable for at least 3 bar of pressure. YOu can usually get fuel hose at any motor factors.

also, does anyone know where i can get the larger bango needed for the top of the fuel filter to connect to the larger hose i'll be using?

Like Tom said, Miles used to have these in stock.

Graham.

trialster
High pressure or not (imo it is) I wouldn't use any hose that is rated for fuel use but it need to be suitable for at least 3 bar of pressure. YOu can usually get fuel hose at any motor factors.

Like Tom said, Miles used to have these in stock.

Graham.

yeah, i wasn't going to use garden hose or anything ;)

i have some braided thats good for 50 psi, so i guess its not quite up to the job. shall get some from hellfrauds tomorow :D

I do have them in stock

great, shall pm you now :lol:

Sign in to follow this