• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moonpig01

Radio Wiring, Drains Battery

Moonpig01

Hi

I bought a 205 GTi a few weeks ago with a broken radio :blush: Turns out the radio wasn't broken just disconnected when I plugged it all in everything worked fine or so I thought after about 15mins of driving the lights started getting dimmmer and the battery went flat, disconected the radio, bump started the car and all is well. So any advice on what the problem could be?

May Thanks

JBJ

Mikey S
Hi

I bought a 205 GTi a few weeks ago with a broken radio :blush: Turns out the radio wasn't broken just disconnected when I plugged it all in everything worked fine or so I thought after about 15mins of driving the lights started getting dimmmer and the battery went flat, disconected the radio, bump started the car and all is well. So any advice on what the problem could be?

May Thanks

JBJ

sounds pretty much like the stereo is f***ed, but to flatten a battery when the car is being driven is news to me. i have seen radios that drain batterys when cars are parked overnight but not like in your circumstances.

have you tried a different stereo?

Last Legend

I'd give the previous owner a call they obviously know about it failing that you'll need a good auto electrician.

Long shot but I'd check the earth.

Moonpig01

Thanks for the replys, I was thinking its probably a faulty earth, I tried another stereo and exactly the same result.

Sign in to follow this