• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Oil Cooler Leak

Kennyb

Hi Guys

Ok i've a leak from the oil cooler........just wanting to know how to change it and how the thing works so I can sort it out ;-)

Done a search but there isn't much about fitting and any specifics about method for when I change it

Any help much appreciated ;-)

Cheers

dcc

only know from removal of mine...

screws into an extension of some sorts between the block face and the oil filter. i removed mine as i didnt feel it was needed.

omega

as dc says theres a sandwich plate between the oil filter and engine which you can remove and just use the filter,but check the pipes as sometimes they fracture

Kennyb

o yeah its a 1989...(1.9 obviously) :ph34r:

mattbenselin

On mine there is a rubber seal which sits between the filter mount and the block itself, when I took mine off it was split and needed replacing. This could be the cause, whether it is or not you can do no harm by putting a new one in.

jord294

there's also 2 little seals which fit over the oil cooler pipes which mount into the sandwich plate

Sign in to follow this