• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
charlo99

Clutch Pains

charlo99

my clutch is f***ed at the moment pedal on the ground,the cable is still in 1 piece,

it was giving me a bit of bother for a while i thought the cable was goin so i would adjust it a bit and it was fine for a bit then it would go again i'd adjust it an fine again.

but now the pedals on the floor,had a look and noticed the bracket that holds the cable in the engine bay was pulled forward but looked to me like it needs to spring back or something have a pic of it but dont no how to post it with this :)

Goliath

Sounds like your clutch release bearing has gone or the clutch is just well gone! It will need replacing with a new item.

You post pics by using the [/img] code :)

charlo99
Sounds like your clutch release bearing has gone or the clutch is just well gone! It will need replacing with a new item.

You post pics by using the [/img] code :)

cheers i thought it was that ,how easy is it to fix?

charlo99

You post pics by using the [/img] code :lol:

still cant get pics up :)

M@tt
cheers i thought it was that ,how easy is it to fix?

depends how handy you are with the spanners and whether you have all the tools ie braker bars, hub nut sized socket

have a look here

http://205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=s-clutchchange

if its the first time youve done it put aside a weekend to be on the safeside

charlo99
depends how handy you are with the spanners and whether you have all the tools ie braker bars, hub nut sized socket

have a look here

http://205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=s-clutchchange

if its the first time youve done it put aside a weekend to be on the safeside

thanks for the info great help :)

steve@cornwall

HOLD ON!!!! Is yours a BE1 gearbox? (lift up reverse) If so first check that there is a 70m long 6mm diameter bar fitted between the clutch arm on the gearbox and the L shaped lever the cable goes into - these often drop out if the cable is too slack. Also the L shaped lever can bend/ break Both will give your symptoms and are easily sorted as long as you can get the parts easily

charlo99
HOLD ON!!!! Is yours a BE1 gearbox? (lift up reverse) If so first check that there is a 70m long 6mm diameter bar fitted between the clutch arm on the gearbox and the L shaped lever the cable goes into - these often drop out if the cable is too slack. Also the L shaped lever can bend/ break Both will give your symptoms and are easily sorted as long as you can get the parts easily

no its not lift up reverse

steve@cornwall
no its not lift up reverse

Box off then :)

charlo99
Box off then :lol:

its looking like that not what i need just b4 crimbo :)

Goliath
its looking like that not what i need just b4 crimbo :)

If you werent in Ireland I would offer to come do it for you!

charlo99
If you werent in Ireland I would offer to come do it for you!

ireland is lovely at christmas :)

Sign in to follow this