• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Car Wont Start, Possible Fuel Pump

djinuk

My 1.9 8v gti wont start, it has a clifford alarm that seems to be working fine etc, i turn the car over and it turns forever and a day, i hear no fuel pump prime, however i checked the fuel pump relay and that is clicking, so i am guessing that is working.

Roman
My 1.9 8v gti wont start, it has a clifford alarm that seems to be working fine etc, i turn the car over and it turns forever and a day, i hear no fuel pump prime, however i checked the fuel pump relay and that is clicking, so i am guessing that is working.

check if you have 12v on fuel pump(but first check fuse's) if you dont have 12v on pump bipass positive feed and car must start......

large

I would take the fuel pipe off the injection rall and then crank it if fuel comes out its not the pump. I say this as I can only ever hear my pump when the tank is empty.

djinuk

i took a 12v , stuffed it into posotive on the fuel pump, but nothing :)

large

Check it has a good earth, if so fuel pump u/s :)

djinuk

ah yes , didnt think about the earth, im guessing the green and yellow wire is the earth

large

At a guess I would say yes :D .

rubyna
I would take the fuel pipe off the injection rall and then crank it if fuel comes out its not the pump. I say this as I can only ever hear my pump when the tank is empty.

my pug is the same only hear it when fuel is about to run out, get that earth checked.. luke

tri_longer
ah yes , didnt think about the earth, im guessing the green and yellow wire is the earth

Yes it is.

My pump died recently as well. Annoyingly on the way to a track day at Curborough.

Mikey S

the earth for the fuel pump is behind the n/s/r light lense and they suffer from a lot of corrosion. try earthing the fuel pump direct to the catch that holds the rear seats down.

djinuk

cheers man , earth check tomorrow it is then.

Sign in to follow this