• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Two Severe Knocks

djinuk

I have 2 severe knocks on my car, one being when hitting bumps, or more so when coming off a speedbump, it feels like the steering knocks. however i was told i have a worn ball joint, is this likely to be the cause. Also i have a loud knock when turning right, the knock is very loud and prounced and i feel it through the steering. any advice please.

johny105_y2k

balljoints yes most likely wishbones. see if you can decipher which side the knock on the bump comes from

also check the iner arch for grease as you may have a split driveshaft boot which could be the right hand bend knocking.

johny

j_turnell

Could be a droplink, worth while also to check your subframe bolts aren't loose as this is a common problem.

EdCherry

Id go for a drop link, often wear and tear item, costs you about £11 a side and i'd always replace them in pairs!

JimboIASCA
Id go for a drop link, often wear and tear item, costs you about £11 a side and i'd always replace them in pairs!

did you solve this one chap?

Sounds similar to the issue i'm having................

M@tt

easy check to see whether its your drop liks is to disconnect them from the ARB and take it for a quick spin.

Just undo the nut holding the drop link onto the ARB and using a jack handle lever the ARB down and pop pop the drop link out. With both disconnected just bend the ARB up slightly out of the way and away you go

Masekwm

Same problem here, I'm going to try what Matt suggested and if it's a droplink (again!) replace them with Motaquip items.

pugdamo

Id say drop link or ball joint is the knocking over bumps and the knocking when turning is more than likely a driveshaft. Easiest way to check the drop link is to get both front wheels off the floor and pull up and down on the anti-roll bar next to where the drop link is fixed,you will feel free play in it,its a very common problem on 205's. As for the driveshaft if its more of a click click click id say definatly driveshaft,stop somewhere with alot of room and pull away on a hard lock,if its when turning left its the o/s driveshaft and if its when turning right its the n/s.