• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Starscream

Compbrake Top Mounts Wtf!?

Guest Starscream

I have AVO front Coilovers and wanted to run the Compbrake ecentric top mounts, does any body else fint that they dont get enough turns on the top mpount nut to run them safely

Wanted to use them on my rally car, so i do need more than two complete turns on the nut really :mellow:

Jrod

Compbrake top mounts are designed for long top bilsteins afaik, you can probably get your coilovers machined for a longer thread though?

casnell
I have AVO front Coilovers and wanted to run the Compbrake ecentric top mounts, does any body else fint that they dont get enough turns on the top mpount nut to run them safely

Wanted to use them on my rally car, so i do need more than two complete turns on the nut really :mellow:

I've had the same problem with DMS coilovers, but mine the thread only just engaged. That was a couple of months ago and I haven't got back to it...

Miles

As said, the Damper rod's should have a longer thread on to suit, The short threaded one's are for the std top mounts

Tom Fenton

I've recently fitted Compbrake top mounts to AVO coilovers, phone up AVO and they can modify your damper rods to suit the top mounts.

jerseypug

i had the same problem with my gaz shocks. i ended up using a lathe and turning the nuts down to fit further into the top mounts. they seem to be ok. i have a picture somewhere i will try and dig out

Sign in to follow this