• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Just Bought A Brake Flaring Tool.

yorkshirekowboy

hello,

i have just bought a laser brake flaring tool set, and juts relised that the dies are Dies include 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/6",1/2" and 5/8". should they be metric? will this tool be ok for my 205 brake pipes?

steve@cornwall
hello,

i have just bought a laser brake flaring tool set, and juts relised that the dies are Dies include 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/6",1/2" and 5/8". should they be metric? will this tool be ok for my 205 brake pipes?

Hope so! I've just used one of these for the first time on a 205!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry880587

My thread ... I was a complete d!(khead and didn't realise the "tails" on the dies went down the pipe :mellow:

Ryan

It's fine. The pipe itself is 3/16, the nuts you use are metric though (10mm).

welshpug

yup, I used that exact tool this evening on an Astra :mellow:

the flats on the unions vary, some are 11mm, but the originals are 10mm, and IIRC there are some 12mm headed unions with a larger thread, but the same flare.

Edited by welshpug

Batfink

you picked the best time of year for doing brakelines :huh: enjoy the frozen claw hands. Don't bother using old pipe as the copper goes brittle, new pipe makes the job a doddle.

Sign in to follow this