• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

Mi16 Rebuild

hexhamstu

cheapest place to get a full rebuild kit and some ARP bolts?

got a spare mi16 engine so thought i may aswell rebuild it.

DrSarty

I suspect you can cobble most if not everything together off here my friend.

Good luck and lucky bastard just having an Mi lying around to play with. Good on ya too.

Sarty

hexhamstu
I suspect you can cobble most if not everything together off here my friend.

Good luck and lucky bastard just having an Mi lying around to play with. Good on ya too.

Sarty

i think with a new head it would run fine, but i dont have a car to put it in so whats the fun in that?

Edited by hexhamstu

DanteICE

I am looking to rebuild an Mi16 engine also, do we know what parts will be best to be replaced?

Geoff

hexhamstu
I am looking to rebuild an Mi16 engine also, do we know what parts will be best to be replaced?

Geoff

good question a definitive list would be good, never done any of this before. guess i will need a smalled torque rench as mine is massive.

i have this s*itty argos one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...xt%3ETORQUE.htm

Edited by hexhamstu

Baz

Last time i bought the majority of parts from a local motor factor, all the gasket sets, seals, head bolts etc etc.

In fact i still have one set left, not sure i'm going to use it anytime soon either, i'd happily sell for a fair figure. B)

welshpug

you're best off stripping it down before buying any parts, you never know what you're going to need, but at a minimum a set of shells (about £50 at a vauge guess)

Gasket set, top and bottom end, should contain pretty much anything you need, then add headbolts, water pump, timing belt kit.

worst case would be you'd need a set of liners and pistons additionally to the above.

and paint if you're a tart B)

a 3/8 drive torque wrench is a good addition if you're not sure about just tightening stuff by feel, a 1/2" drive one for the head bolts, and an angle tightening gauge, feeler gauges to check the liner protrusion, plastigauge for checking the bearing tolerances.

Edited by welshpug

Anthony

Not to mention a set of flywheel bolts eh? B)

dcc

Ive just basically rebuilt a mi16.

Bores honed

new piston rings

new shells

new cams (more for performance really)

gaskets

clutch

headbolts

stuff like sand paper, RTV, oil, antifreeze...

All came to about £200.

Baz

B) Did you steal most of the parts then?

A decent comprehensive top & bottom end gasket & seal set would be lots more than that alone...

welshpug
Not to mention a set of flywheel bolts eh? ;)

indeed! for a tenner its not worth skimping on those, especially as everywhere I've checked up does state to renew them B)

there's a GSF in Swansea Stu, and bassets Citroen are really helpful :D

dcc

the only thing that isnt really including there is the cost of the cams i guess!

hexhamstu

the piston did touch the valves and has a slight mark on the top of it, would it be wise to replace this?

Tom Fenton

Set of main bearings, set of big end bearings, set of thrust washers, comes to about £105, they are more than you think.

Piston rings if you're feeling keen are about £75

Bottom end gasket set is a waste of money IMO, there aren't any really. The only ones you want are the crank seals either end, and the hockey stick seals that fit down the sides of the end main bearing cap. Crank seals can be got from GSF, hockey sticks are main dealer and not dear.

Genuine big end bolts are not expensive from Peugeot, about £40 the set.

welshpug

I thought the liner seals came in the bottom end set?

Tom Fenton

I never disturb the liners if I can help it, I've seen too many scrap blocks where the seats have corroded away and they will never seal again. Leave the buggers clamped in is my choice.

Baz
rebkit.jpg

DanteICE

Go on Baz whats there?

And before you all say, you can see.....yes I can but its good to hear the owner tell us!

Geoff

welshpug

where from Baz?

Baz

Selected from a few different motor factors, i've had those lot a fair while now as i bought 3 complete rebuild sets at the time.

Payen headbolts, head & bottom end sets, inc all gaskets (inc headgasket!) & seals,

AE Piston ring set, thrust washers, main and big-end shells,

Gates Powergrip belt & Tensionner Kit

:)

Sign in to follow this