• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

No Rear Anti-roll Bar?

Ryan

I took my beam apart yesterday to adjust the height (or rather tried to) and as well as the torsion bars being completely seized into the mounts I found that the splines on one end of the ARB are completely stripped, and it can basically just spin round in the end plate.

Is the car drivable with the ARB not fitted at all? (it wasn't doing anything anyway) It doesn't look as if it holds the beam together in any way, but I wanted to double-check before I had it fall apart on the motorway. B)

zilog

Yes if you dont mind it leaning a bit more in the corners, and understeering a bit. The swing-arms are held in place by the end-screws in the torsion bars, On my car the ARB is just pressed in between the shackles, not really providing any lateral strength to the beam.

Henry 1.9GTi

i did a track day with no rear arb, car will be fine just expect alot of understeer.

Sign in to follow this