• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest V8ish

Help With Jetting On Bike Carbs

Guest V8ish

Hi people,

I have had my car in for a set up and apparently the main jet is massive, it is a 200 gauge and the RR guy thinks it should be a 160-170. They are Khein (SP?) from a ZX-9 so the main jet is not adjustable. The dia is 6mm.

200 seems massive so no wonder it drinks fuel.

Question is, is this guy right and how do I source smaller jets for these carbs if so?

Appreciate any help as I'm not sure on where to go from here!

Grant

mattbenselin

Hi mate I 2 have some Keihin carbs from a ZX9R and will be fitting them properly over christmas. I asked this same question not long back... http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=98147 . I was advised to start with a 200 and go up from that!

What spec. is the rest of your engine? Pic of it would be nice 2 :)

Matt

Richie-Van-GTi

last bike carbs set up I played with was running 165's, 200's is huge IMO.

Guest V8ish
last bike carbs set up I played with was running 165's, 200's is huge IMO.

ok, just an update on this which may help other people. I have settled on 155's, the rr guy tried everything from 140's. The car is so much more economical and after his tweaking it managed a 10 bhp increase from before.

its now at 133bhp and 125 torques. standard lump with bike carbs....what do you think?

ORB

if it helps, my MI16 running R1 Carbs is sporting 175's

She seems happy on these!

Sign in to follow this