• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Gti6 Lock Stop

marksorrento205

When fitting the gti6 gearbox you get the reduced lock. Where / what stops the rack giving the limited turn to the right on a std gti6 rack? I have a gti6 rack and am just wondering what bit I need to rob to limit my 205 rack?

Any help would be great

welshpug

its the PAS ram that prevents the wheel from turning as far, the rack itself is used on a few different engines but the Ram is specific to the RS engined models :lol:

marksorrento205

Cheers welshpug. Ill take the ram off then. That will save space :lol: Anyone want a gti6 rack with out the ram?

chris-stdt

I thought it was the bigger gearbox off the 306 that stopped full lock when turning one way but i may well be wrong :lol:

marksorrento205
I thought it was the bigger gearbox off the 306 that stopped full lock when turning one way but i may well be wrong :lol:

No you are correct but to stop the inner edge of the n/s wheel hitting / rubbing on the gearbox, a lock stop is fitted into the steering rack to limit the lock when turning right.

DanteICE

Has anyone got any other ways of stopping the rack turning too far, maybe where a new ram could be purchased?

Geoff

jonnie205

make up and alloy bush and slide it onto actual rack inside body on os, the ti6 ram will be no good as the gti6 is wider ect etc so the ram wont limit enough

welshpug

its not the width of the vehicle that affects the lock, its the offset of the rack from the centreline of the struts (same on a 306) and the distance from the inner wings to the pivot on the wishbone (I would hazard a guess that this dimension would be pretty damn similar too)

marksorrento205

Im liking both ideas. As my ram is off my 205 rack at the mo and I have gti6 ram in the shed "when" I swap the engine and box its only two bolts to bolt the gti6 ram on. Then I will see if it limits it enough. If not a spacer it is. :ph34r:

jonnie205

welshpug i know what you mean but i have fitted a gti6 ram to a 205 6 speeder and the ram does not limit the lock sufficiently

marksorrento205
welshpug i know what you mean but i have fitted a gti6 ram to a 205 6 speeder and the ram does not limit the lock sufficiently

What sort of size spacer are we talking about then. Do you have any pics of the spacer and where you have fitted it. Cheers

Sign in to follow this