• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hispetdog

Front Bumper

hispetdog

I'm needing a new front bumper for my 1991 205 GTi. Where can I get one with the red insert? Also where is the best place to buy new driving lights?

Cheers

Bakes100

You can get the bumper with the red insert from the Autofive website.

Also Euro Car Parts sell the plain bumper without the insert.

I brought my driving lamps off ebay for around 35 quid, all you need to do is change over the plugs.

hispetdog

Thanks, wasn't sure about the ones on Ebay but they look right!

Can I get a bumper with insert and two end fixings for less than £90 + VAT?

Cheers

Rupertfinch

I remember reading that you can simply buy the replacement surrounds for the front fogs for about £5 from Peugeot. This is of course assuming that the lights are working! If they are then you could try a bit of DIY refurb yourself with a handy tin of plasticote and a bit of abrasive paper.

I remember buying a replacement bumper from GSF but that didn't come with the red insert (got that from Peugeot), I managed to salvage the bumper mounts that were originally on, but I know the replacements are fairly expensive. Can't recall prices as it was 2 years back.

Shop around and see what you can manage.

Mark

Bakes100

Just the plain black bumper with no mounts or red strip was about 25-30 quid from Euro Car Parts.

Some of the lights on ebay do look wrong, but have a hunt around, mine look identical to the originals..

Edited by Bakes100

chrisj21

Bakes100, Was the bumper from eurocar parts a good fit?

Chris

hispetdog

Oh and where would I get the front bumper fixing bolts? Auto five has them £20 a side is that about right?

Cheers

Bakes100

Yea the bumper fits fine, had to clean it up slightly with a stanley knife as it had some burrs, but not on any visible faces.

Apart from that no problem.

chrisj21

Thanks for that mate :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this