• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Theo205

Brand New Injectors For 205 1.9 Gti

Theo205

Title sounds like a US tv commercial but its so true!!

For a long time now(1-2 years) I've been trying to resolve some hot-start issues and pinking etc for my newly rebuilt 8v.

I've repediadly sent my injectors for refurbishing but the problem was always there.

After a long research on injectors I've done on the web I found a direct replacement for the standard Bosch 0-280-150-762 injector (orange injectors for 1.9)

These injectors are the ACCEL 150121 (or 150821 if you are buying a set of 8) and they are allover US ebay for peanuts compared to Original Bosch parts.They are high impedance (14ohms) EV1 style and rated for 21lb/hr whereas the Bosch injector 20.35lb/hr which means they are almost identical.

I got my set of 4 for less than 50GBP inc shipping from a guy that bought a set of 8 and used only 4.THE SET I GOT

Now to the important part.

As soon as I installed the injectors (straight swap) I fired up the car for a drive.

Driving out the garage I was not expecting much, hopefully no more hot-start problems and smoother idle. Was I wrong..

To cut the long story short heres a list of the improvements I noticed.

HOT START PROBLEM GONE

PINKING ACCELERATING FROM LOWER REVS GONE----> BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE IN LOW REVS (feels torquier)

IDLES ALOT SMOOTHER AT VERY LOW REVS

MORE HAPPY TO REV PAST 5000 TO 6000RPM (before it was out of puff at about 5300, and before you comment, no this is no placebo I know my engine very well) :wacko:

NO MORE TICKING INJECTORS these babies are silent

Photo

No doubt, these were definetly the best 50quid I spent on my 1.9 engine!!!

If anybody wants a set, keep your eyes open in ebay and these injectors will pop in low prices.

Hope I've passed some useful info.

Theo

DrSarty

That is both a damn good find by all accounts and extremely good and decent of you to share this with the forum.

I suspect there will be some rapid uptakes of this in due course.

P.S. I suspect your old ones were mismatched and perhaps leaking somehow. Either way, your happy which is what counts.

nick

Thanks for that, thats useful info. At that price i might try some of these myself.

Nick

CosKev

Good find :lol:

Results sound excellent ;)

jord294
Good find :)

Results sound excellent :lol:

shall we go halves? ;)

KRISKARRERA

And of course some credit must go to me for telling Theo that replacing my leaking injectors solved the crappy warm start problem ;)

DrSarty
And of course some credit must go to me for telling Theo that replacing my leaking injectors solved the crappy warm start problem :lol:

You're Pitcrew; it's your 'job' isn't it Kris?

;)

KRISKARRERA

Just realised... you're still a "Driver"! Surely you should be pitcrew by now.

Batfink

you have to be worthy of pitcrew and invited I believe. Like receiving an MBE but minus the queen

Veero

Hmm the noise from my injectors is doing my nut. Anyone want to go halves on the set of 8, looking to be around $300 all in, so about £100 each?

Veero

MerlinGTI

Thanks for sharing! :blink:

Most helpful

autograsser

are 1.6 injectors the same as 1.9

were can i get 1.6 injectors from?

CosKev
shall we go halves? :blink:

Sounds good pal :D

Tell ya what,you buy them,bang a set in your car and see what they are like,if the results are good THEN I will buy 4 off you????????That sounds like a plan........................ B)

:D

large

No. 1.6=blue

1.9=yellow

Put an add in the wanted section.

kb_205
No. 1.6=blue

1.9=yellow

Put an add in the wanted section.

i am also after some new injctors for a 1.6! im not so clued up in fuelling terms, so if anyone could tell me what to go for i'd really appreciate it!!!

obv if not ill go for some std ones,

but non tappy WOW that sounds good lol

thanks

Rupertfinch

Now, if some clever bod can work out an equivalent injector for the 1.6 I think a group buy could be in order.

GLPoomobile
Now, if some clever bod can work out an equivalent injector for the 1.6 I think a group buy could be in order.

And an MI................and GTI6.............and 2.0 Turbo :D

In fact, if someone can remind me what those injectors are that keep getting put on eBay as Group A injectors, we could buy a bulk load and make a killing :)

jord294
Sounds good pal :D

Tell ya what,you buy them,bang a set in your car and see what they are like,if the results are good THEN I will buy 4 off you????????That sounds like a plan........................ :P

:lol:

i'll go for it then. just waiting on some funds coming in :)

rubyna
i'll go for it then. just waiting on some funds coming in :)

id be interested going in halves with someone if they fancy a set for a 1.9...?

Theo205

Well the 1.6 GTI (non cat) uses the 0-280-150-211 Bosh injectors (green) which flow 14lb/hr @3bar. So you need an equivalent injector which is Bosch design2 compatible ( and EV1 spec ) , high impedance and flows the same 14lb/hr.

That would be sthng like this ACCEL 15814 or ACCEL 15114

Sign in to follow this