• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

How Do I Move The Pas Resorvoir

dino20vt

As above basically, saw plenty of engine bay pics where this has been done, is much involved to do it?

DrSarty
As above basically, saw plenty of engine bay pics where this has been done, is much involved to do it?

Am I missing something? I thought the PAS reservoir was on the driver's side inner wing, where the jack used to go, with the washer bottle reservoir being in the same spot on the passenger side.

If that is the case, then the TB for your super duper new K&N is on the washer bottle side isn't it?

Have I been dumb?

welshpug

yup...

its there on a 306 or 405, but on a 205 and 309 they are in front of the battery.

personally I wouldn't bother with a K&N at all, just fit a replacement element in the original airbox.

if you really must move it just buy the K&N kit for PAS cars, it comes with a bracket and instructions.

M@tt

the pipes from the reservoir to the pump and from the rack back to the reservior are only secured by jubilee clips so you can alter the length/reroute these fairly easily and if you need a longer/shorter one you can either cut it to length or go to a local motor factors and get a longer one in the the size you require.

dino20vt
yup...

its there on a 306 or 405, but on a 205 and 309 they are in front of the battery.

personally I wouldn't bother with a K&N at all, just fit a replacement element in the original airbox.

if you really must move it just buy the K&N kit for PAS cars, it comes with a bracket and instructions.

So the PAS kit comes with parts to enable the reservoir to be shifted?

pug_ham

If you've already got a kit all you need is a piece of metal & a couple of M6 bolts.

Unbolt the reservoir from the current bracket & reposition it next to the battery. You can just about make it out in the picture below.

theo2055.jpg

Graham.

dino20vt

Ive got a non pas kit from a 309 but no doubt is the same as a non 205 kit

pug_ham
Ive got a non pas kit from a 309 but no doubt is the same as a non 205 kit

Yes, they are the same kit, although the 309 GTi always had PAS iirc. ;)

Graham.

dino20vt

My phase 1 hasnt got PAS but it is an e plate.

So a 205 non PAS kit just comes with a cone filter and hose.

A 205 PAS kit comes with a cone filter, hose and bracket to enable the reservoir to be shifted?

Sign in to follow this