• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielnf82

A Question About Rear Windscreen Seals.

Guest danielnf82

Hey dudes and dudets!

Just wondering if anything can be done to seal the rubber around the windscreen as mine leaves black marks down the boot when i wash the car.I dont want to have to replace the seal just thought i could seal it for now to stop the black water marks.Mines a white gti so very noticable.

A friend suggested clear nail varnish? :)

brian j
Hey dudes and dudets!

Just wondering if anything can be done to seal the rubber around the windscreen as mine leaves black marks down the boot when i wash the car.I dont want to have to replace the seal just thought i could seal it for now to stop the black water marks.Mines a white gti so very noticable.

A friend suggested clear nail varnish? :)

What you call a seal is actually just a finisher. What I have done before is to remove it completely and use black silicone in the gap. If you finish it off neatly it looks just like the finish on the bonded rear screen on 306s etc. and no water is trapped to give the black lines or to promote rust...

Sign in to follow this