• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RINRIN

After Co Setup

RINRIN

Hi,

I need your comments on this, :blush:

I set the throttle cable, refurbished the AFM and set the TPS. I set the AFM mixture screw(allen) to middle I guess 7 turns. Because there was no co machine. Anyway the car goes fantastic. :wub:

After a while I go to co setup.

The value was 1.8 and I set it to 1.5. :)

My question is does it really differs on acceleration between this values?

I am sticked to that if it differs that much

I know that 1.5 value for co is the optimum so does it make my car go slower but better in mpg??? :unsure:

Anthony

The mixture screw only adjusts idle mixture - it has no (or negliable) effect through the rest of the rev range.

RINRIN

Thanks Anthony for the reply,

What I understand is I only changed the value for idling so there is no difference when it comes to acceleration.

This means better mpg for idling?

How can I affect the mixture when revving?

skeggyrik

By buying an aftermarket ECU and having it mapped.

Edited by skeggyrik

Anthony

To a point you can change the mixture by adjusting the tension on the spring inside the AFM - however, be careful doing this as it's far easier to mess things up than it is to improve things, especially without a rolling road. If you suspect the AFM, normally I'd swap it out with another as a first port of call, assuming that they're not too difficult to obtain locally.

Why do you believe that the mixture is wrong? Have you had the car on a rolling road with a wideband lambda probe to get an accurate picture of what the fuel mixture is doing across the rev and load ranges?

RINRIN

Actually I only want to be sure that the mixture is Ok for all rpms. As everybody I want to be sure that the car goes on optimum :)

As you said I need a rolling road and a wideband lambda.

Also I plan to buy an AEM AFR to see the values anytime. It costs 350$ min.

I understand that I need this to be sure.

hexhamstu

for 350$ you could buy an aftermarket ecu

RINRIN

I live in Turkey, these kind of things are always expensive. I again want to mention at least 350$ For AEM AFR.

I also dont have any info when it comes to aftermarket ECU. It is impossible to find it here. If you have a f..king honda you can find everything but for the real legend there is nothing.

Anyway what can an aftermarket ECU can differ. You need sensors to learn whats going on under the bonnet

Sign in to follow this