• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Namder

Bolt Issues

Namder

hi guys i need some advice pls

i've been have issues with gearbox bolts. first while changing the clutch 2 threads stripped one in the block side the other in the gearbox. so i heilcoiled them both and this work like a dream for a few months but now i'm snapping bolt heads in the bottom thread gearbox side . first time i drilled it out, re-tapped and heilcoiled again this worked for two weeks and snapped the bolt off again!!!

has anyone had this problem before if so what was causing it as there is no major play on any of the mounts ect.

the heilcoil seems to be hold well enough

are the bolts i'm using not good enough?

cheers for any feed back

Anthony

Check that you've got the dowels in place between the engine and gearbox - without them, it seems to put more stress on the lower bolt. Never heard of one snapping, but them loosening themselves or stripping the thread is a known issue.

Namder
Check that you've got the dowels in place between the engine and gearbox - without them, it seems to put more stress on the lower bolt. Never heard of one snapping, but them loosening themselves or stripping the thread is a known issue.

how many should there be?

think i've got at one maybe

is there anywhere to look at parts drawing for ordering spares ect.

thanks agian

Anthony

There's two dowels off the top of my head

steve@cornwall

The absence of dowels caused me no end of similar troubles a while ago - It also seems quite common to either leave out or fail to tighten properly the top gearbox bolt nearest the bulkhead putting too much strain on the others

Namder
Yes there are 2 hollow dowels, the securing bolts pass through them, part number is 0131 16.

sourcing parts and part numbers, and even prices; http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=89340

super star cheers welshpug for link, need to order all the genuine bolts that might help sort out my problem?

yeah the blukhead one was missing and didn't feel great when i replaced it cheers steve

Edited by Namder

Namder

thanks for your help

i've had a look on servicebox and come up with these part numbers for repalcement bolts

6922 26 x 2

6923 81 x 3

five in total think i'm good mad is there five!!!! :D

also gonna order the dowels :- 0131 16

hope i've got this right :blush:

Sign in to follow this