• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Cti Boot Unlocking With Door Locks Pulled Up

damo

i though the cti only locked the boot on the central locking and pulling the door lock shouldnt unlock the boot?

mine opens everything pulling the door lock so is a pain as it cant be left with the roof down.

anyone got an idea how to fix it?

steve@cornwall
i though the cti only locked the boot on the central locking and pulling the door lock shouldnt unlock the boot?

mine opens everything pulling the door lock so is a pain as it cant be left with the roof down.

Disconnect the solenoid on the boot lock :)

marc t

My old one was the same. Never thought about it before, I guess I'm lucky I never left anything in the boot.

As above though, I would disconnect the boot motor wire and just have it on the key only.

Henry Yorke

It must be something in the control mechanism. I retro fitted CL to my 1993 CTI. I am just trying to remember how I did it! I used the existing wires that were in the car. Luckily I have a late model CTI which has the door loom connectors on the A piller so it was an easy swap. The wires to the boot lock ran to the rear quarter (passenger side) and I just hooked up from there.

The technical way to solve this is to have a diode in the wiring to the boot, so the electric current can only go one way. The solinoid works by a pulse going one way and then reversing. Alternatively you should be able to earth one of the wires from the solinoid to the shell via the yellow connector in the boot. That way it will only earth one way and therefore only work one way. Infact I think this is how the CTI is meant to work. I'll see if i can check later

Sign in to follow this