• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Hard To Get Bumpstops Into Cups

Kennyb

Hi guys, just fitting new bump stops and cups.......... but looking at the rubbers fitting into the cup its gonna be hard to get them in :-(.......anyone have a method or special technique to get them in????

Thought some liquid soap but thought i'd ask if any one has done the same before and how?

Cheers :-)

GLPoomobile

I read a really good tip on here - put a jubilee clip on the end and tighten it to compress the bump stop enough to fit in the cup. As you push it into the cup the jubilee clip needs to slide back. Haven't done it myself but the theory is sound.

hengti

vaseline's probably going to be more effective than soap; could also leave them in a bowl of hot water for a shory while

de Noir

regular or liquid soap will do. or light assembly grease.

don't forget to press the rubber like man, and turn-screw in while pressing.

Edited by MH_

CosKev

I put a smear of Waxoyl on mine,helps to slide them in and protect from rust ;)

Big pair of grips and turn when pushing and they went in easy :blink:

Kennyb

well i think they've gone in properly.....they aint come out yet after a drive/speed bump check......once cups were on the car had alot more force to get them in...........used fairy and a flat screw driver to help prise/push them in.....if they aint in all the way im sure after a few bumps they will seat them selves?!

Cheers

Sign in to follow this