• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brian j

Abs Information Wanted

brian j

As per my other topic I have just done a deal to buy a 205 that the owner says has an ABS fault.

If I can't get it fixed then I will remove the ABS completely, but I want to start by working my way through trying to fix it.

Unfortunately it isn't easy to search for ABS on the forum (only 3 letters, innit :blink:) . I have trawled through previous posts but not found much.

I am after any information to help me diagnose the ABS fault, but primarily:

Any wiring diagrams,

A list of fault codes and how to read them, (I believe that you can get the ABS light to flash the code for you.)

Any anecdotes of the common failure points.

The current plan is to start at the wheel sensors and check for a sine wave signal, then trace wiring back checking continuity and earths, then check over the ABS unit itself.

Rom

Ive never worked on 205 ABS (thank god!) but generally sensors are the first place to look as you said. Check all the sensor rings are ok, clean etc. As they can through codes if broken / clogged etc as the sensor wont get a correct reading.

As a mechanic, thats what i see the most. Ive had pumps and ecus go also. But 9 times out of 10 its a sensor.

Im sure someone will be able to help out more, but im guessing its going to be a very basic system, so hopefully little to diagnose.

brian j

Sneaky. I'll bear that method in mind in the future.

It did throw up a probable method of reading the fault code, but not much else.

Any other assistance would be great.

Edited by brian j

Sign in to follow this